Guitar Making Summer Camp
Sydney Guitar Making Summer Camp January 2020
Make your own Classical or Flamenco guitar with one of Australia’s leading luthiers in the Steve Toscano guitar making summer camp.
Perfectly suited and timed for Tafe or IA High School teachers.
A rare opportunity to make a fine quality guitar in an intensive course under the expert guidance of Steve Toscano.
- No woodworking skills required
- No guitar playing skills required
- Be creative with your hands in a fun social environment
- Mostly hand tools, limited machinery use
- You will make your entire guitar, no premade kits here
- Variety of master grade tonewoods to choose from
- With the right attention to detail and note taking you can learn the skills to make further acoustic guitars
- You will finish with –
- Your own guitar made by YOU. The guitar will be comparable in quality to my Zenith Model Classical or my Flamenco Negra.
- Some great new woodworking skills
- A huge smile on your face knowing you have created such a fine instrument with your bare hands!!
This is a hands on course, while Steve will run through some aspects of theory throughout the 3 weeks, most of the day to day tasks are completely hands on.
The Toscano Guitars and Australian Guitar Making School workshop at Hornsby (Sydney). 11/37a King Rd. Hornsby NSW 2077
Up to 3 weeks – January 6th – 24th 2020 (depending on student abilities we may finish earlier)
Mon – Fri 8am – 4:30pm with 2 / 3 breaks per day
Your teacher is luthier Steve Toscano along with his apprentice Vernon Zamora
- Professional tuition to guide you every step of the way
- Access to high quality tools / jigs / and machinery
- Light refreshments
- All materials with your choice of back and side timber from Highly figured Tasmanian Blackwood, or Indian Rosewood. Master grade Spruce soundboard, Mahogany or Cedrela neck, Ebony fingerboard, Brazilian Rosewood Bridge. Schaller Grandtune machine heads, and a High quality Hiscox case.
- Includes the highest quality tonewoods, and hardware – Just like the ones used in Steve’s finest guitars.
A deposit of $750 is required to reserve your spot. Remaining can be paid in installments or paid in full prior to commencement.